Welcome to the Mid Hudson Chapter of the Appraisal Institute. Here you will find a directory of our Members and Candidates for Designation who are among the most experienced and best-educated appraisers in a region that stretches from the New York City metropolis northward through the Hudson Valley and the Catskills toward the Capitol District. The Appraisal Institute is widely acknowledged as the PREMEIR professional organization of real estate appraisers in the United States, Canada and beyond. Its designated members (SRA
for residential appraisers and MAI for residential and commercial appraisers) are recognized within the profession as possessing the highest standards of ethics and competence as well as a lifelong commitment to ongoing training and education.
Appraisal Institute Mission
Our mission is to empower valuation professionals through community, credentialing, education, body of knowledge and ethical standards.
Appraisal Institute Core Values
- Dedicated to excellence, professionalism, ethics and integrity.
- Committed to leadership and innovation.
- Devoted to an inclusive and welcoming community.
- The Appraisal Institute will protect and improve the value of affiliation.
- The Appraisal Institute will provide leadership toward a unified and inclusive profession with diverse perspectives.
- Appraisal Institute professionals will be consistently sought out by users of valuation services.
- The Appraisal Institute will improve the diversity of its affiliated professionals.
Mortgage Rates Move Up Modestly 03/30/2023
Mortgage rates have hovered in the six to seven percent range for over six months and, despite affordability headwinds, homebuyers have adjusted and driven new home sales to its highest level in more than a year. New home sales have rebounded more robustly than the resale market due to a marginally greater supply of new construction. The improved demand has led to a firming of prices, which have now increased for several months in a row.